Sunday, May 22, 2016

Disney: Ride Recommendation: Splash Mountain

I love the mountains of the Magic Kingdom.  I already gushed over Big Thunder Mountain and today I bring you another one.  This mountain is unlike any other you'll find.  This mountain has timeless characters, a song that you won't mind getting stuck in your head and one of the greatest splash downs around. 

Park: Magic Kingdom
Area: Frontierland
Height: 40 inches
FastPass+ Available


I searched and searched for a photo we have of Splash Mountain but I came up empty. This is one of my favorite rides.  It's the last thing you'll be able to find that is related to Song of the South.  I love how you follow Briar Rabbits journey of leaving the Briar Patch, being chased by Briar Fox and Briar Bear and even getting involved in his escape - it's the part where you splash down, and finally Briar Rabbit returning home.  This ride isn't hurried.  You get to go down several hills, journey through several scenes and brings you right into the story.  It's the epitome of Disney magic at its best.  Mark it as one of your 3 FastPass choices for the day because you don't want to miss this ride.