Saturday, May 14, 2016

Printable: Faith: Trusting God

Trusting God is a big leap of faith, really the ultimate leap.  In order to follow Him you have to walk blind.  Things are revealed in His time and never in the way we think they should be.  When it was time for me to go back to teaching - I talked to lots of people and had 3 interviews.  I knew which school I wanted to be at and thought where I'd be best at - that is not the place where I'm teaching at now.  It was very clear that Clinton Christian was where I was meant to be.  It was the only place where I was hired - so literally God shut every other door and window but that one.  While I was overall excited to get back to teaching and to get back to second grade - I was a wreck.  I didn't know the why this place would be for me but as soon as I crossed the threshold it was shown over and over that it was for me.  And no, it hasn't always been easy there but I'm there for a reason.  There are things I need to learn, ways I need to be strengthened, and people that are invaluable to me.  It's been a place where I'm doing things that never entered my realm of possibility but I find myself loving the new challenges and seeing the realization of a whole host of possibilities I could be prepared for. And God did that - He made sure to put me where I needed to be and He knew he had to do it in a way that left it as the only option because He also knows how I roll.  
That's not the only story of having to follow God when I wasn't sure where it was going.  But my life wouldn't be nearly as awesome with Superman and Cupcake if it wasn't for God.  So it may be hard to trust God when you have no idea what He's doing but it is so worth it.