Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Disney: Snack Recommendation: Butterfinger Cupcake

So yes, today I'm talking cupcakes.  I love cupcakes and Disney makes exceptional ones. (They put grey stuff on cupcakes at Be Our Guest, come on!). Last time we were in Disney we finally stopped at the ever popular Starring Rolls Cafe. We tend to enjoy the soon to be gone Writer's Stop more but for 4 years we'd seen Starring Rolls at the top of lots of people's lists for yummy snacks and quick service. So we finally put it on our itinerary and tried it on our last trip.  Depending on when you stop the line can be long, the place is small so that means cramped and if you stop after breakfast time it's pretty much snacks only.  They didn't seem to have anything that made them stand out or different so it's not a must do for us.  However, I tried one of the most delicious and sweet cupcakes I ever had and it had my favorite - a mountain of icing on top with filling in the middle.  I discovered the legendary Butterfinger Cupcake.  First, it's a giant cupcake so you could eat it for a meal or share it with someone. It's a chocolate cupcake with chocolate ganache filling and it's topped with a peanut butter icing and covered in another layer of ganache with butterfinger crumbs.  There was so much icing! It took me a few bites to get to some actual cake.  This is a very rich cupcake so it will satisfy a sweet tooth and then give you a cavity.  I like the sweet stuff but even towards the end it started to be a bit much for me. I suggest using a fork to get through this thing because it's massive.  The cake was delicious - it was lush and dense and it worked well with the icing.  Make sure you have a drink, you'll need it.  It's a cupcake that worked for me and since it's a rich dessert it wasn't something I'd get over and over again which means it will always be a special treat. 
You can check out the Starring Rolls Menu here.