Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Disney: Recommendation: Restaurant: Coral Reef

Ever wanted to dine under the sea?  Well in Disney, you can!  Today, we're going to talk about one of my favorite places to dine - Coral Reef

Park: EPCOT
Area: Future World West
Coral Reef Menu

My first trip to Disney was in June of 1988.  I actually turned 5 while we were there.  I don't have many memories of that vacation but some are still crystal clear.  One such memory was exploring the giant aquarium at EPCOT.  I could have stayed there all day.  I love the water, I love the ocean and for the longest time I wanted to be a marine biologist.  To my happy surprise for dinner my parents took us to the restaurant at the aquarium!  I don't remember a thing about the meal, but I do remember being right next to the aquarium and watching all the fishies swim by.  I rediscovered Coral Reef on our 2013 Disney trip.  The food is delicious!  Whether you are having something from the sea or from the land they've got something you're looking for.  I love the decor with its blues and greens and mosaic tiles.  It's just a great place to rest your feet and fill up on delicious Disney.  Superman has had the seafood and always says "this place knows how to do it right." (He's picky about his seafood).  I've had both the chicken and steak and both were fabulous, tender and juicy.  Cupcake loves getting pizza off the menu but has recently discovered shrimp so it'll be interesting to see if she'll try something new on our next visit.  And your dinner is just the beginning because the dessert is mouthwatering.  My husband swears by the Chocolate Wave while I love the Turtle Cheesecake that comes out as a sea turtle.   Point being you can't go wrong here.  Go and try it - you won't be disappointed.

Enjoying Coral Reef in 2014