Thursday, June 25, 2015

Teaching: September Writing Prompt

Getting kids to write is hard.  It's a constant struggle to get more details and more information.  It's even harder to capture a snapshot of who they were in the year that you had them in your class.  I started making monthly writing prompts for my students each month.  These prompts were pretty simple but they loved being able to hang them out in the hall to show everyone, they loved showing off who they were.  At the end of the year, you put them all together and it turns into a pretty cute keepsake that they have to show who they were, what they dreamed, and what they wanted.  So I'll be sharing each month I have.  I start the first week of school, which here is the last week of August, but since it's so little of August I keep it up through September.  As you can see it's on an apple and you can fill in the grade and they fill in their goal.