Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Disney: Ride Recommendation: Soarin'

What I will talk with you about today is one of my FAVORITE rides at Disney.  
Nowhere else can you board a real live Erector set, smell the smells, dip and soar other than taking a ride on Soarin'.

Park: Epcot
Area: Future World West
Fastpass+ Available


First, get a Fastpass.  Make sure this is your Tier 1 choice at least one day when you go to Epcot.  It's not only my favorite but a Disney fan favorite and must do so it always has an average of a 120-minute wait.  They have made the queue fun and made it interactive with games in the queue.  This ride did recently get a refurb just this past June.  They added a third theater and have a new movie.  Previously it was Soarin' Over California and you took in the sights and smells of California.  On June 17, 2016, they debuted Soarin' Around the World.  So now you take in the sights of our wonderful world.  Superman and Cupcake have watched the new one on YouTube and are impressed and excited to ride.  I don't like to be spoiled so I didn't watch - I'll experience it when we go on our next trip to Disney.  Now, there are 3 elements to this ride that I love!  The music - I love the Soarin' soundtrack!  It's perfect for what you're doing and does what a soundtrack is supposed to do meld into the movie.  The music makes this an over-the-top experience because I feel it is what you hear should you actually be hand gliding over the world.  The smell - it's hot, everyone is sweating, pack about a hundred of you together and it should smell like my classroom did after seeing high school and then middle school but no.  They spray in smell to match what you're seeing - you're in the mountains, you get a subtle pine scent.  You're by the sea, smell that salt air.  My favorite is the orange grove because you get fresh oranges.  You don't even realize it, it's just part of making it a memorable ride.  It's my favorite.  I kind of hope they make the orange smell-it into a car freshener - I would get it.  Lastly, the cinematography is fantastic, really spot on.  It's hard to make a movie in the style of pretending you are flying over it because it's too easy to feel like you ran into buildings or into tops of cars (Europe in the Air at Busch Gardens Williamsburg is a prime example) but this is totally believable.  So the overall point is go ride Soarin'.  Seriously, go.  Right now, go ride Soarin'.  You can thank me later.